Questions to ask before hiring in-home care
Click on a question below to expand listing - click on the answer to close listing.
- 1. Is the agency licensed by the state?
- 2. How long has the agency been in business?
- 3. Are the agency’s caregivers bonded and insured?
- 4. How extensive are the agency’s criminal and background checks?
- 5. How qualified are the agency’s caregivers.
- 6. Can the agency provide references from past and current clients?
- 7. Will the same caregiver come to the client’s home on a regular basis?
- 8. How would a complaint or question about service be handled?
- 9. What procedure is in place to handle emergencies?
- 10. Can the agency provide printed materials describing service rates and fees?
- 11. Is the client’s course of care documented with specific tasks to be carried out
- 12. What is the agency caregiver turnover rate?